In Today’s Notices:
- Subscriptions for The Gaddesden Diary
- Saturday 22 April – Councillor Terry Douris at the Bridgewater Arms
- Sunday 23 April – British Humanitarian Aid collection, LG Church
- Thursday 27 April – Gaddesden Society Film Night, Village Hall
- Saturday 29 April – WI Coronation Tea Party, Village Hall
- Saturday 6 to Monday 8 May – The King’s Coronation Weekend
- Saturday 6 May – Village Party for the Coronation
- Sunday 7 May – The King’s Coronation Village Fun Day, incorporating Village Produce Market stalls
- Monday 8 May – Village Discovery Walk
- Sunday 21 May – Gaddesden Gallop
- VPA Store
- Got Something to be Included in Village Notices?
Scroll down for more:
Subscriptions for The Gaddesden Diary
Subscriptions for The Gaddesden Diary: only £5.00: normally due in September, but please pay now if you haven’t already done so. Click here for details of how to pay.
Saturday 22 April – Councillor Terry Douris at the Bridgewater Arms, 10am to 10.30am
Terry Douris, Dacorum and Hertfordshire County Councillor, will be at the Bridgewater Arms from 10.00am to 10.30am should you have any local issues you wish to discuss with him.
Sunday 23 April – British Humanitarian Aid collection, LG Church
LIST OF ITEMS NEEDED
- SANITARY ITEMS, toilet rolls and wipes
- NAPPIES, INCONTINENCE PADS and waterproof mattress protectors
- CLOTHING – must be clean and serviceable. Sort into ages: baby, primary, secondary, ladies and men
- FOOTWARE in reasonable condition. Sort into children’s, ladies and men.
- TOILETRIES – shampoo, bodywash, soap, razors, make-up, babycare, tooth- paste and brushes
- BEDDING – sheets, duvet and blankets
- TOWELS, CURTAINS, tablecloths and fabrics
- PLATES, BOWLS, MUGS and cutlery l KETTLES and SAUCEPANS
- WASHING POWDER, DISHWASHER POWDER and cleaning materials
- CANDLES and matches
- TORCHES – wind-up or with batteries
- SMALL SOFT TOYS
- TINNED FOODS, DRIED FOODS (NOT cereals), TEA, COFFEE and LONG LIFE MILK
- WHEELCHAIRS, crutches, walking sticks, wheeled walkers and baby buggies
- ADULT BICYCLES
- POWER BANKS, unlocked ’phones and chargers
- TENTS, SLEEPING BAGS and MATS, GROUND SHEETS, camping stoves and camping gas
Labelled “thick” black sacks may be left in the Church, behind the font, after 11.00 am on Friday 21st April.
If you are able to donate any of the items on this list, please bring them along to the Church (preferably in sealed thick black plastic sacks, to protect from the weather) on Sunday 23rd April, at 10.15 am (after the Church service).
Labelling the bag(s) clearly with the contents would be very helpful.
Donations can also be dropped off at the Church on Friday 21st April, after 11.00 am. Thank you in anticipation of your support.
URGENTLY NEEDED: Cash donations for help with transport costs
Transport costs have increased dramatically and BHA has urgent need of donations to cover collections in the UK and transport to Ukraine. If you can help, please call BHA on 01227 453434 or visit the website: https://www.britishhumanitarianaid.com/.
Thursday 27 April – Gaddesden Society Film Night, Village Hall 8.00pm
‘Casablanca’ starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. Scoring 99% by critics and 95% by audiences on ‘Rotten Tomatoes’, this film is a must-see classic.
Everyone welcome – £5 admission including a glass of wine
Doors open: 7.45pm Lights Down: 8.00pm
Saturday 29 April – WI Coronation Tea Party, 3pm to 5pm Village Hall
£10.00 admission on the door (card or cash)
Includes:- Sandwiches, cream (clotted) scone, cake and tea or coffee. Seconds of tea and cake.
There will be a cake and preserves stall, plants, tombola and craft.
3pm to 5pm (or until we run out)
All proceeds to go to charity.
Saturday 6 to Monday 8 May – The King’s Coronation Weekend
Poster updated 1 May 2023.
Sponsored by Oakleys Estate Agents
Saturday 6 May – Village Party for the Coronation
Tickets are now on sale for the Village Party on the evening of the Coronation, to kick-start the historic celebrations. The Party is to be held in a marquee next to the Sports Pavilion
Barn dance, DJ, pay bar, ice cream, cakes and food to buy, including vegan/vegetarian van, plus a very yummy hog roast.
- For the evening party – Under 18s: £5 and Adults: £10
- Hog roast: £10
Party and hog roast tickets both available from Sarah Gall (01442 842422)
Please note that pre-booking is required.
Sunday 7 May – The King’s Coronation Village Fair, 1pm to 4pm, Sports Field
(Activities updated 17 April 2023)
Crafts, face painting, music, bouncy castle, bar, barbeque, treasure hunt, cream teas.
Display of children’s artwork dedicated to King Charles III
Village Market stalls
Monday 8 May – Village Discovery Walk, 1:45pm for 2pm, Thomas Field Hall, LG Church
For all the family!
Start: Thomas Field Hall, Little Gaddesden Church HP4 1NZ
Registration from 1.45pm
Walk: Led by knowledgeable residents – approx 3 miles around the village of Little Gaddesden.
Children to be accompanied by an adult, please.
Well behaved dogs on leads, please.
Refreshments: Available after the walk at Thomas Field Hall.
Contact: Louise Archer (07920 045474)
Registration: Click here for the registration form.
No need to book and no charge. Just turn up and sign in!
Cancelled if wet!
Sunday 21 May – The Gaddesden Gallop, 11am start from the Sports Field
5km and 10km races, and new this year, fun-run races for the kids.
Register to take part at www.entrycentral.com/gaddesdengallop.
Fun for all the family, whether spectating or participating. Refreshments available.
The VPA Store, located next to the Village Hall, will be open on Sundays 10am till 12 noon for all your gardening needs such as potting compost, seeds, garden twine etc.
Got Something to be Included in Village Notices?
To request that something gets included in the Village Notices, please email Mandy Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org.