Summary of Village Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- Sunday 29th May 9:30am in the Parish Church
- Saturday 4th June 10:30am-6:00pm in the Village Hall
- Saturday 4th June 2:00pm-5:00pm in the Church
- Saturday 4th June 6:00pm-11:00pm on the Sports Field
- Sunday 5th June 9:00am at the Church
- Sunday 5th June 10:30am-6:00pm in the Village Hall
- Sunday 5th June 1:45pm at the Church
- Sunday 5th June 2:00pm-5:00pm on the Sports Field
- Monday 6th June 11:00am-6:00pm in the Village Hall
Scroll Down for More Details on Each Event
Sunday 29th May, 9:30am, Parish Church – Special Service
Special Eucharist service celebrating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Saturday and Sunday 4th & 5th June 10:30am-6:00pm and Monday 6th June 11:00am-6:00am, Village Hall – Art Club Summer Exhibition
Over the Jubilee weekend, in the Village Hall
- Saturday June 4th 10:30am to 6:00pm
- Sunday June 5th 10:30am to 6:00pm
- Monday June 6th 11:00am to 6:00pm
Including children’s pictures of our Queen.
Saturday 4th June, 2:00pm-5:0pm, Parish Church – Historical Display, Tower Tours, Flowers and Refreshments
- Historical Display of vestments, silverware and valuable Parish records
- Guided Tours of the Church Tower
- Flower Display
- Refreshments in the Thomas Field Hall
Saturday 4th June, 6:00pm-11:00pm, Sports Field – Jubilee Party
Calling All Villagers!
This is an invitation to help us kick off the Jubilee Weekend with a bang!
- Live Music: The Dicemen – bringing post-punk, folk, indie and acoustic back into style
- All you have to do is turn up at the marquee on the Sports Field
- Saturday 4th June 6pm – 11pm
- Delicious Asian Dumplings
- Little Gaddesden’s Got Talent: Calling all thespians, singers and musicians. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ice Cream Van
- Fish and Chip Van
- Free Entry: Pay Bar and Pay for Food
Queries and suggestions to Sarah Gall at email@example.com.
Click here to download a PDF copy of the flyer to print off and display
Sunday 5th June, 9:00am – Church Bells to Ring
The church bells will ring for the Platinum Jubilee.
Sunday 5th June, 1:30pm for 1:45pm, at the Church – Kids’ Royal Crown Parade
Create your crown and join us in the parade, to kick-start the Platinum Jubilee Fun Day & Summer Fair!
- 1.30pm: children to meet at Little Gaddesden Church
(all children must be accompanied by an adult)
- 1.45pm: parade starts – children will walk from LG church, along
church road, to the playing fields (children will walk with their accompanying adult)
- 2pm: Maypole Dancing & the Fair begins!
Please come wearing your homemade crown, there will be ‘best crown’ prizes to be won!
Sunday 5th June, 2:00pm-5:00pm, Sports Field – The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Fun Day and Summer Fair
Celebrating the Queen’s 70 years
Sponsored by Oakleys Estate Agents
Sunday 5th June – 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- School Summer Fair
- Bouncy Castle and Inflatable Assault Course
- Soap Box Derby
- Pony Rides
- WI Picnic Packs
- Kids Royal Crown Parade (meet at church at 1:30pm)
- Café and Cake Stall
- Dog Show
- Maypole Dancing
- Ice Cream Van
- Strawberries & Cream
- Candy Floss
- Bar and Barbeque
- Kids Crafts and Games
- Face Painting
- Special Commemorative Mugs
Prize draw programmes on sale at the shop from 21st May, or on the day
Sunday 5th June, 2:45pm-4:30pm, Sports Field – The Soapbox Derby
The Cubs are bringing back the Soapbox Derby to the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Summer Fair! The soapbox Derby is a fun, whacky, family friendly event, where amateur drivers race homemade soapbox vehicles. Each hand-made machine is fuelled by nothing but sheer courage, the force of gravity and perhaps a little pushing and pulling! The race course will form the centre of the Fair and will take place between 2.45pm – 4.30pm
This year’s theme is NAUTICAL!
How do I enter?
Please email your name, cart name and contact details to Penny Brash at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th May.
Please email Penny if you would like some plans or design ideas!
Entry Requirements & Rules
- Entry fee – £10 per cart/team (max. 5 people per team)
- Carts must be handmade – no motorised parts or pedals
- Carts and teams to be dressed to a NAUTICAL theme
- Maximum of 2 people pushing/pulling the cart
- Only one driver
- Carts must pass scrutineering before allowed to race
Got Something to be Included in Village Notices?
To request that something gets included in the Village Notices, please email Mandy Haynes at email@example.com.